At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Eaton is hiring for a Market Analyst. The incumbent will be required to drive quantitative and qualitative marketing & sales analysis, tools/reports development and recommendations through resourceful identification and compilation of data and information.
Marketing & Sales analysis will include analysis of sales, profitability, market conditions of various business segments, competitor analysis, market share analysis, pricing actions and the design and development of sales reporting/tools.
This position must continuously question, analyze, evaluate and refine information received from multiple sources in order to present findings in a cohesive and actionable format.
Supports the commercial team by developing reports used to evaluate sales/market trends, top customer analysis, pricing opportunities and other key indicators
Help assist in data collection/validation for the SIP process
Support the business leadership team with reporting, analysis, and business presentations in support of divisional strategy and initiatives.
Deliver market trend analysis utilizing key market indicators and market trend reports.
Deliver analysis, insight and recommendations regarding sales trends, macro-economic trends and consumer trends that affect the near-term and long-term strategy of the business.
Perform competitor performance analysis, Quarterly review of competitor earnings call with key summaries.
Establish relevant product market baskets by product line and evaluate changes in mix by customer, agent, region, etc. monthly.
Identify, jointly with sales department, specific problems or areas that may require research support.
Assist in defining targeted sales segments based on key performance factors and other characteristics.
Perform secondary research using published data by trade associations, magazine articles, and research reports.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 1 year experience in marketing, customer support, technical sales role, operations or project management
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Tualatin, OR to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee”
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or marketing
- Master’s in business administration
- One year commercial experience
- Experience with SAP ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time