Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. The Lead Financial Analyst will be based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The primary function of this role is to support Vehicle Group Controller organization in preparing timely and effective interpretation and reporting. This position will concentrate on the commercial results of the business and will be the point person for providing meaningful insight on the results of operations impacting sales and standard profit including mix and pricing impacts. This role offers a big picture view while making daily contributions in the areas of financial review, forecasting, budgeting, special projects and process improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We
create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you
help us reach ours.
- You Will prepare/review/interpret and provide insightful commentary on vehicle Group financial results and forecast focusing primarily on elements of sales and standard margin (monthly). These will then be prepared and presented to Eaton’s Senior Management throughout the organization.
- You will participates in the month-end close, forecasting and annual profit plan processes for Group while partnering with different regions to provide timely monthly financial deliverables.
- You will utilize corporate financial data warehouse to create/maintain regular monthly actual/forecast reports and evaluation.
- You will be the liaison between IS, WHQ, and the regional businesses for financial review and reporting
- You will review/evaluate/prepare commercial development CARs for reasonableness/compliance with corporate guidelines and annual spending limits
- You will continuously improve the processes and their outputs as a means of ensuring integrity, quality and timeliness of financial data provided to Vehicle Group, IS and WHQ
- You will mentor and train junior members of Vehicle Group, finance team including members of regional teams
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting/finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- MBA, CPA and/or CMA (or candidate)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills for data examination
- Working knowledge of systems technology (consolidation systems and base financial systems)
- Experience in financial planning and investigation and/or accounting for a manufacturing company
- Ability to prepare, review and interpret financial and operations reports.
- Experience working with global teams and consolidations
- Understanding of foreign currency impacts to business results (translation & transaction)
- Ability to quickly summarize results and compile for presentation to Senior Management
- Exposure to various levels of organization (plant, division/region, group, sector, corp.)
- General product and business knowledge in order to adequately interpret operating results
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time