Strategic Purchasing Lead
Are currently recruiting for a:
Strategic Procurement Lead
Primary objective of the role
Leading and driving the strategic procurement team for a wide range of commodities, delivering successful implementation of strategies and best practice purchasing activities.
Essential objectives of the role
· Lead and carry out all management activities associated with managing a team of strategic buyers.
· Responsible for identifying, delivering and executing direct material cost out and transition projects in line with annual savings targets, commodity strategies and plant requirements. Presenting cost out ideas and strategies to Senior Leadership team and Corporate Supply Chain Leads and Vice Presidents.
· Carry out the full end to end sourcing & supplier selection process. Conduct Supplier Risk Assessments, Capacity Studies, Analyze quotations and costs breakdowns, follow the APQP process, Gate Reviews, Lessons Learned.
· Ensure that all savings whether made by Procurement or the business which is supplier facing are recorded in the Cost Out Database (CODB) for each UK FMC Plant. On a monthly basis present the Team’s achievements in line with the set key metrics and goals.
· Responsible for contributing the profit plan budgetary information for direct material. Both Ecomat and Savmat on behalf of each UK FMC Plant.
· Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships internally and externally to support the delivery of the Procurement’s objectives, ensuring colleagues throughout the organisation buy into and adhere to strategic sourcing. Manage resistance to change and ensure that transition projects are successfully completed.
· Negotiating with suppliers and build strong relationships to effectively manage the strategic sourcing/buying process and associated controls.
· Deliver appropriate supplier agreements for all goods and services for given areas of responsibility to meet external spend targets, cost reduction targets and service & performance levels.
· Ensure compliance with Procedures, and that all activities take place in accordance with corporate policies and processes, defined governance and delegations of authority, as well as external laws and regulations.
· Promote Eaton Ethics and Values.
Essential Experience required for the position
· Educated to HND or Degree Level in either Engineering or Business preferred, but not essential depending on experience.
· CIPS desired, but not essential depending on experience.
· Solid understanding of Supply Chain within a Manufacturing Environment.
· Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
· Understanding of Six Sigma concepts and tools.
· Strategic thinker with strong business acumen. Able to think beyond function and drive strategic solutions.
· Proficiency with MRP systems. MFG PRO an advantage.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint
· Understanding of ProLaunch.
· Understanding of PPAP and APQP
· Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
· Understanding of ITAR regulations.
· Strong understanding and adherence to policies and procedures
· Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications & statements.
· Ability to lead cross-functional projects.
· Supervisory skills & team management
· Proven ability for continuous improvement/savings/value add and to be a strong advocate of best practice
· Customer / Supplier interfacing (presentations, negotiations etc.).
· Ability to converse at a senior management and divisional level.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No