Financial Reporting and Analysis Specialist
- You will manage the ENCORE monthly financial reporting process in order to provide flawlessly accurate information to the Chairman and CEO, CFO, VP and Controller, COOs, and other senior leaders.
- You will establish and maintain collaborative and highly effective working partnerships with the financial teams in each of Eaton's sectors to ensure that business results are understood and accurately communicated to Senior Management, enabling Senior Management to have a detailed understanding of the financial state of the corporation.
- You will create presentations to be used by the VP and Controller and/or CFO in meetings with the Board of Directors (BOD) and Senior Leadership Council (SLC) on a quarterly basis. During months without a presentation, you will prepare and provide the presentation to the BOD and SLC so that they have an update on the status of the company and its progress against the Plan, previous forecast, and prior year.
- You will prepare analyses that support and facilitate the external earnings release, such as quarter-end deliverables timeline, financial reference information for the CFO during the external earnings release webcast, and analysis of organic growth compared to peers
- You will assist the VP of Technical Accounting and the Technical Accounting team on a quarterly basis with the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for the 10-Q/10-K as it relates to segment operating performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in an accounting or finance function is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience using ENCORE
- Previous experience interacting with executive leadership
- Deep finance or accounting background and broad business exposure
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and/or issues and multi-task to resolve the issues while meeting all stated deadlines within very short turnaround time conditions
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a global organization, with the ability to adjust communication style to regional norms
- Excellent executive presence, strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with all levels, functions, and personalities within the organization, including Executive Management and Sector Financial teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time