OPEX Manager - Project Management Organization
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Organization is seeking an OPEX Manager. The position will be based at our Arden, NC (Avery Creek) location and report to the Vice President of the Product Management Organization.
The Project Management Organization (PMO) Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for improving organizational effectiveness through the coordination and deployment of the Eaton Business System to ensure the business meets growth, productivity, and quality objectives. This role will be hands on with a focus on teaching, doing and transferring best practices and acting as the owner of standard Eaton processes. Key responsibilities of the role will be to identify and drive improvements throughout PMO and establish forms of Standardized Work and focus to drive improvements in business processes, administrative process excellence, customer service, and employee safety through MESH.
Drive continual improvement in the implementation of the Eaton Business System throughout the organization. Engage ALL PMO associates in Continuous Improvement processes and practices.
- Act as a resource to assist in improvement activities including EBS training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Drive Continuous Improvement Framework across all areas of the organization including field and centralized.
- Work through PMO leadership to support continuous improvement teams, corporate EBS initiatives, provide monthly reporting and scheduled regular CI / MESH progress feedback with manufacturing, product line, field sales and PMO leadership to ensure support alignment and collaboration.
- Identify and eliminate process variations resulting in external and internal failures through corrective action, Six Sigma, ELS, and other Quality Management System tools and processes.
- Facilitate the implementation and reporting of standard metrics for all functions within PMO. Report results to the leadership team.
- Coordinate, with manufacturing plants and product lines, the development and implementation of process changes related to, but not limited to, BidManager, Vista, Design Automation, Enovia, Documentation Services and PM Calculator.
- Support PMO Leadership on organizational design and development to achieve PMO strategy.
- Participate as trained in the Eaton Business Excellence certification process.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Five years’ experience in operations or sales.
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Project Management certification and or experience.
- Continuous Improvement experience in a non-manufacturing environment.
Advanced computer knowledge
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, BidManager, databases
Demonstrated skills in team building and motivational skills
Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, written)
Customer interface and company representation abilities
Excellent presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time