Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Designer Product Development (R&D Drafter)
- You will prepare complex 3-D models, lay-outs, flat files, bills of material, and drawings using Autodesk Inventor and various other computer programs and software for new designs from basic concepts working with a minimum amount of supervision and conceptual design input..
- You will work with cross-functional development teams to create mechanical designs for products in response to a design specification or as directed by the department manager.
- You will assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototype parts and models.
- You will check work to assure conformance to plant Quality Standards.
- You will develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance application, operating characteristics, or performance of components of the assemblies.
- You will produce and load product structure bills of material into business system computer.
- You will compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Graphics Technology from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- One (1) year experience with 3D CAD systems such as Autodesk Inventor.
- Working knowledge of standards applicable to assigned products (ANSI, NEMA, UL, CSA, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time