If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Specialist - Power System Technologyin Eaton India Innovation Center-Eaton Research Labs (ERL) based in Pune, India.. In this position the incumbent is responsible for providing technology leadership, develop architectures and impact business product roadmaps by providing differentiated and industry leading solutions. Shape-up the technology focus for the organization and bring direction to mature the same through global teams, internal and external experts, universities and labs.
The incumbent will be responsible to initiate and lead global innovation programs in the field of engineering analytics, smart products and systems, asset health management; identify market opportunities, evaluate and develop new technologies, develop business cases, lead integrated project teams, investigate internal/external funding opportunities, lead customer relationships, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and external customers. Profound technical expertise, leadership and business acumen is required to be successful in this position.
In this position, the Specialist understands industry trends in prognostics and health management (PHM), services based business models, monetizing engineering analytics, Internet of Things (IoT); identifies disruptive technologies ahead in time and positions Eaton to lead the end-markets and also venture into new growth markets. The incumbent will also be responsible to reach out to external bodies to fill technology gaps as needed. The Specialist is expected to develop talent and contribute in building organization’s capability and capacity. Represent Eaton at global technology and industry events
Your essential responsibilities:
Provides technology leadership, strengthens technology pipeline and impacts business product roadmaps
Identifies disruptive technologies ahead in time and positions Eaton to lead the growth markets
Identifies novel opportunities and pursues commercialization of the same
Identify, evaluate, recommend and transfer mature technologies pertaining to existing or new product lines
Represents Eaton at global technology events like conferences, summits, panel discussions etc.
Lead the development of technology architectures, advanced technology projects, provide hands-on expertise, co-ordinate with globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and deliver technology solutions
Generate Intellectual Property and trade secrets in the areas of Eaton’s interest and pursue commercialization of the same.
Collaborate with Eaton’s product teams, global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
Does schedule and resource planning, budgeting and executes the programs to achieve the project objectives with-in the desired time and cost.
Communicates in right amount and frequency to all stake-holders and teams on the project status and progress. Identifies risks ahead in time and seeks help to ensure project and team goals.
Presents Eaton’s technologies and solutions to internal and external stake-holders
Provides mentorship to members of the team and promotes a learning culture
Deploys existing processes and brings change in a collaborative and constructive manner.
Actively participates in internal and external learning forums & professional bodies.
If you are:
- Master’s Degree Or Ph.D. in Electrical/Electronics/Energy/Systems Engineering or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- Master’s Degree (9 -15 years) or Ph.D. (6 -11 years) with experience in descriptive, diagnostics, prognostics and prescriptive analytics, prognostics and health management (PHM), condition monitoring, reliability centric management, inferential sensing, sensor-less monitoring, signal processing, physics of failure of electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems.
- Within innovation or research and technology organizations from major MNCs and/or Overseas experience (e.g. Degrees, exchange research program) highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering technology concepts through to commercialization is desired.
- Proven track record of being able to formulate, articulate, promote and execute cohesive advanced technology solutions development.
- Demonstrated track record working on customer requirements through system architecture concepts through to a multi-generation product plan.
- Demonstrated excellence including hands-on experience in the area of electrical power systems, services based business models, monetizing engineering analytics, connected systems, smart products and services.
- Working experience in developing algorithms, performing engineering analytics, system modeling and hardware-in-loop systems will be added advantage.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions and to understand and drive through value and adoption chain.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals is desired.
- Hands-on experience with engineering tools like Matlab/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE, PSCAD and experience in building experimental setups, hardware-in-loop systems and conducting disciplined experiments would be desired.
- Ability to apply Design for Six Sigma methodologies in required. Green belt certification in DFSS is highly desired.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time