Sr. Materials Planner
• Managing Materials Planning for both discrete and min-max planned items
• Communicating through the standard tools and channels the forecast requirements to the supply base
• Reviewing assigned items and responding to shortages, real and potential
• Communicating with suppliers regarding past due shipments and drop-in requirements.
• Coordinating follow-up meetings / calls with suppliers to drive performance improvement for non-performing suppliers.
• Setting up and monitoring expedited freight
• Reviewing, updating and developing processes for the Materials Planning team
• Managing ECR/ECO deployment actions for assigned parts and suppliers
• Training and setting up suppliers in a vendor-managed inventory system
• Supporting cleanup up of invoice holds and ASN holds
• Participating in production call with plants in order to provide regular updates on potential shortages
• Working closely with commodity teams to create and execute sourcing and ramp up/down plans
A. Customer communication
Providing component supply status to plants, CSR & SIOP teams in constrained part situations.
B. Supplier communication
Coordinate constrained part deliveries and recovery plans with suppliers.
Execution of resourcing plans with new and incumbent suppliers.
Conduct regular meetings with suppliers per process to ensure delivery of constrained parts
Update of Priority Shortage reports status on assigned parts, communicating to plants proactively on status
Communicate Supplier Delivery performance to the Commodity and SDE teams for long term resolution.
A. Review and address material shortages
Maintain Item Master and Organization records and sourcing setups as appropriate
B. Expedited freight Monitoring
Ensure premium freight request compliance on a monthly basis
Expedited charter and international freight. Monitoring and providing feedback to carriers and materials team while freight is in-transit.
C. Invoice holds support resolution and follow up on cleaning up for assigned suppliers with SCM Team
D. ASN review and cleanup
Resolve and eliminate aged ASN’s on a daily basis to ensure supply accuracy.
Resolve any ASN that is not processed due to interface issue.
E. Discrete planningCleanup and Maintain of approved supplier lists, sourcing rules and planning item parameters
Utilize standard ASCP tools to release purchase orders to suppliers at lead time.
F. Min-max planning
Ensure suppliers understanding and compliance of min-max methodology
Set up of new suppliers to Min-Max methodology
QualificationsPosition requires working knowledge of MS-Excel, Logistics, Data analysis techniques using simple pareto charts and trend analysis. MS-Powerpoint and MS-Word.
Knowledge of Cognos Data warehouse tools, Oracle ERP, Supplier Visualization (Vendor Managed Inventory), ASCP.
English skills (written and oral) In addition to the domestic (US) simple discrete planning responsibilities and vendor-manage inventory (Supplier Vis) planning responsibilities of the Materials Analyst, this position will carry more complex planning responsibilities, including:
• Planning for international suppliers – This will require an understanding of more complex logistics strategies and customs issues, more complex min/max planning, more challenging communications issues, and more-frequent manual intervention to assure the Eaton plants are supported with parts.
• Make/buy part planning – This adds substantial complexity to planning activities because of the need to react to internal “make” part capacity and execution issues. It will require close communication with the Eaton plants and the ability to exercise “business judgment” to resolve complex issues regarding inventory management.
• Position may require travel to Eaton plants (both domestic and international) and customer locations.
• Position requires a strong sense of urgency in order to respond in a timely fashion to critical customer and plant requests. This may include early morning, late evening, and night or weekend availability to conduct meetings and/or conference calls with international locations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time