Customer Service Supervisor
- You will be responsible for day to day supervision of team of Customer Support personnel. Acts as point of escalation for customer related issues, supporting team as required. Resolves difficult issues with tact to ensure company policies and procedures are followed and future business relationships are maintained.
- You will make decisions about resource allocation within team, and leads the performance review/management process. Develop product and process training for employees.
- You will communicate directly with customers and outsides sales representatives via phone and email to represent the company, obtain orders and resolve issues.
- You will advise customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters. Exercises authority in pricing to meet competitive pressures.
- You will coordinate with other departments to quote lead times and delivery dates for product which is not in stock. Follow up as necessary with other departments (eg. Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Finance) to ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicates delayed shipments to customers
- You will manage the activities of the department in providing customers with return permits after soliciting and analyzing pertinent facts.
- You will suggest product substitutions to meet customer needs at reduced costs or to solve availability problems on requested product.
- You will identify process improvements to benefit both the business and the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing customer facing support
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution or as a manufacturer’s rep
- Experience in electrical, datacomm or mechanical industry
- Quotations experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers via phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stress
- Good mechanical aptitude to understand product applications at end user level
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills; ability to think strategically and to lead
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time