Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
1. Supervises the day to day activities of the design engineering team (Technicians, Designers- Drafters, E-Tools).
2. Delegates assignments to the design engineering team based on business need.
3. Reports status on design team assignments.
4. Supports and supervises the engineering aspects of cost out activities.
5. Ensures the proper usage of design procedures and processes of the engineering team.
6. Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of projects challenges and milestones.
7. Coordinates project activities with other operating or engineering units to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
8. Review project-related documentation to insure its accuracy.
9. Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
10. Provide technical soundness of design decisions and product changes to facilitate manufacturing, reduce cost, substitute material, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
11. Prevent and correct manufacturing issues that affect product function ability.
12. Plan and execute design strategies that minimize the implementation cycle time and cost.
Qualifications• Bachelor degree Industrial, Electronic, Electromechanical Engineering (or similar careers).
• Preferable: Master Degree
• Minimum of 7 of experience at similar positions.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• PC knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400.
• Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma and ISO9000, Project Management.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time