Senior OEM Sales Engineer
Eaton has an immediate job opportunities for a Senior OEM Sales Engineer located in New York, NY.
The primary function of the Senior OEM Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
The primary functions include: providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, contractors, end users and Electrical Group personnel; provide timely and accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management, and ensuring that accurate information flows to market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs preference and buying habits; support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked; and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
1) accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support; 2) communication with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution; 3) collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits; 4) review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications; 5) provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution; 6) awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions; 7) plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals; and 8) prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time