Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Spray Painter 2nd Shift
Eaton Power Systems in Waukesha, WI has an opening for a Spray Painter 2nd Shift located at the Lincoln site.
Sands, cleans, masks, and paints all Terra-Tran units and Power units and fabricated components which require final finishing. All units must be painted before final inspection. Must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, painted finished product. Paints field returns.
1. Responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be sprayed. This includes bare metal areas and the proper sanding, feather edging of previously painted surfaces. All in-house rework and field returns are painted in this booth.
2. Must be knowledgeable as to what bushings and associated transformer accessories must be masked to prevent them from being painted.
3. Checks the Bills of Material for correct color and specified mull thickness. Records serial number of units repainted and affixes color-coded dot to unit for identification.
4. Must adjust and periodically check all pump pressures, heater temperatures, air and fluid pressures to maintain the best possible spraying application condition.
5. Responsible for paint viscosity at the beginning of the shift and at mid-shift, uses a Zahn cup and stopwatch to check paint viscosities when required.
6. Must check and maintain proper fluid and air pressure in pressure pots used for spraying all special colors.
7. Must check units with great care to insure that no areas have been missed.
8. Changes filters and maintains cleanliness of spray booth associates floor areas on a scheduled basis.
9. Cleans and lubricates all spray guns at the end of the shifts.
10. Cleans and maintains personal respirator on a scheduled basis.
11. Procures all paints from Paint Room as needed, using hand cart and barrel truck.
12. Uses 15,000 lb. electric walker to move smaller units into spray booth. Also uses walker to store repainted units in staging area for inspection.
13. Coordinates with crane operator all moves of large units in and out of the spray booth.
- Employee must receive hazardous waste training before handling hazardous waste and annually thereafter.
- Employee needs to understand how to transfer waste into the hazardous waste building.
- Employee needs to be trained in the facility’s emergency response procedure in the event the container holding hazardous waste is spilled.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
· Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 2 years of machining experience.
· Minimum of six (6) months previous spray painting experience
· Previous working knowledge of industrial airless and/or air pressure painting
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No