Aerospace Debur Technician (2nd Shift)
- You will set-up and operate various milling and drilling equipment to generate rough and finish dimensions on a variety of production parts.
- You will set-up, adjust and operate a variety of hand and/or power equipment to burr, polish, finish and blend surfaces on machined parts.
- You will perform visual and dimensional inspections and maintain accurate documentation on a variety of parts in accordance with ANSI Y14-5 and the certified operator program.
- You will provide assistance to other operators on proper operational procedures.
- You will perform 5S and other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Set up, maintain and operate one or more milling machines, drilling machines, broaches, and/or shapers to generate rough and finish cuts on a variety of aircraft engine parts.
- Mount, change and align various jigs, fixtures. Equipment consists of power driven abrasive coated belts, strips, bobs, burrs, various hand tools, and disks together with the necessary holding fixtures and adaptors for the various size parts.
- Perform polishing; burring, and surface blending operations where finish dimensional, maintenance of contour, and other details are important and care and good judgement must be exercised to avoid damage to adjacent finished surfaces.
- Requires knowledge of finish requirements and sufficient dexterity to avoid deep scratches or damage to finished surfaces. Use templates, micrometers, comparators and other appropriate measuring devices to check dimensions and contour.
- Visually inspect for defects, check with micrometers, templates, profile gauges, and other precision type devices.
- Touch-up and/or replace tooling, adjust stops, select speeds and feeds, and gauge completed work with various precision checking equipment.
- Maintain accurate lot control (QCP 6.0) traceability, record keeping, log book entries, NCR’s (QCP 11.0) and associated documentation.
- Perform part marking.
- Generate close tolerance edge breaks using various hand tools.
- Maintain clean equipment and work area.
- Chart and plot data per SPC requirement.
- Move material within the cell.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Perform more than one operation at a time as directed by the supervisor.
- Burr work internal to the cycle as needed.
- Perform Power Flush operations.
- Perform Rigidax operation.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of machining or burr experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Become a certified operator within 40 days of becoming active on the code.
- Complete an Eaton approved training program within 120 days from becoming active on the code.
- Pass Eaton vision tests if applicable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No