Mechanical Design Engineer
The primary function of the role is to assist new product design and development activities coupled with supporting VAVE initiatives. You will help to drive vitality by actively engaging with the product roadmap for fusing and switching products and liaising closely with manufacturing plants.
As part of the role you will:
- Proactively support the selection and definition of special characteristics for automotive product development.
- Play an active role in FMEAs, drawings and control plans.
- Interpret and analyse product test results.
- Contribute to projects as required.
- Perform product maintenance engineering activities.
- Assist the custom solution team if required.
- Support the resolution of urgent quality issues, including customer visits if necessary.
To be successful in this role the incumbent will need:
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic/Systems Engineering or Physics.
- Experience of COMSOL/Ansys would be an advantage
- 12 months work experience in an industrial field working with IEC standards.
- Problem solving skills and creativity
- Pro-active and customer focussed.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with international locations and cultures.
- Excellent PC skills including knowledge of 3D drawing packages.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the UK.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time