The Engineering Manager has Regional Engineering responsibility for Proportional and Industrial Valves product line and engineering function. This position will manage the Engineering activities in new product development through product support to product replacement or rationalization. Local responsibility for product engineering support for advanced control valves, piston pumps and GG motors production.
This role plays a critical part in the continued development of the wide portfolio of hydraulics valves, pumps and motors.
The role is central to developing future talent for the engineering function and for driving involvement with STEM activities to ensure a pipeline of engineering expertise
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· A Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required. Advanced Management training preferred.
· Basic understanding of Finance and Accounting
· A thorough technical knowledge of the product line or function the incumbent is managing, that includes product design, test and evaluation, and the manufacturing methods and processes.
· An understanding of the current strategic plans of the Hydraulics Operations
· Ability to work with teams in remote global locations.
· Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work with functions outside of Engineering for the common good of Eaton.
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive Salary + Benefits
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time