Engineering Manager Power Electronics, Electrical– EMEA
Eaton Titchfield Are currently recruiting for a:
Engineering leadership position responsible for power electronics, designing new products and commercialized solutions to support customers’ technical requirements, and developing product line extensions across manufacturing sites in EMEA for Aerospace Group.
The successful candidate will report to the Industrial Sector, Engineering Director of Software, Electronics and Controls CoE (SwEC CoE) and lead a diverse team of engineers and technicians across multiple EMEA sites in the Industrial Sectors Software, Electronics and Controls Center of Excellence (SwEC COE) and Eaton’s Indian and European Innovation Centers with responsibility for power electronics and the domain disciplines of:
· Motor controllers;
· Power supplies and motor driver topologies
· Power magnetics design and analysis
· Feedback control loops
· Power conversion,
· Inverter bridge topologies
· Power device gate driver design
· Circuit design and analysis
· High-density mechanical packaging and thermal control techniques
· Assembly and test
· Analog and digital signal processing and discrete circuitry.
· Drive high quality power electronics design practices across the team;
· Drive predictive performance for Power Electronics programs and technology development activities utilizing EBS tools and processes;
· Lead execution of robust Next-Generation PROLaunch design processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. DFSS/DFX) across the SwEC EMEA Power Electronics team;
· Lead development and execution of strategic planning initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps across the SwEC EMEA Power Electronics function;
· Drive internal/external innovation activities across the SwEC EMEA Power Electronics function, including IP management;
· Develop close professional relationships with FED/FMC product customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements, and resolve product performance deficiencies;
· Provide status on Power Electronics technical accomplishments/ issues across the SwEC EMEA development programs to the SwEC and Aerospace engineering leadership team;
· Assist in the profit planning process for the EECOE function.
· Responsible for the SwEC EMEA Power Electronics team capacity planning, resource management, and project staffing to meet external and internal customer deliverables and expectations, including the use of global and external resources.
· Work within a Matrix Organization with minimal supervision. Teaming proactively and cooperatively across multiple discipline areas and multiple organizations.
· The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills. Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level Aerospace and customer management is important.
· Coordinate the activities of multiple customers and multiple suppliers in a complex international environment.
Act as the technical interface between Eaton’s external customers and sub-contractors
Specialist Experience required for this position as follows:
· Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical)
· Advanced degree preferred.
· 10+ years of progressive experience in Aerospace Engineering
· A minimum of 3+ years of team leadership or project leadership experience.
· Experience of application of DO-254, DO-178, ARP4754A, DO-160 or equivalents
· Experience of full product development lifecycle
· Deployment of DFSS on new programs
· 3-5+ years of experience in Power Electronics Design for Motor Controllers for 500W through to 20kW
· Experience of using SABER/Matlab/Simeltrix or similar for behavioural modelling, model validation and the practical implementation of these models
· Development of high reliability power electronics, filters, motor controllers
· Experience of control loop modelling and implementation for motor controllers
· Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
· Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
· Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level Aerospace and customer management is important.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No