Maintenance Technician II
You will troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems including electric motors, electric controls, fire alarms, and clock systems
You will be responsible for installing new equipment and systems, including all manufacturing/assembly equipment (CNC Mills, Lathes, Drills) and programmable lighting controls
You will maintain electrical equipment to ensure that safety and regulatory codes are met up to county, state and federal levels
You will use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of electrical systems
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Maintenance technician within a manufacturing environment
- Relocation is not offered with this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Irvine, CA will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Previous work experience within the Aerospace Industry and/or Industrial Manufacturing Industry
- Principles of electronic theory as applied to electrical and electronic circuits, wiring and electrical equipment used in power generation
- Theory of operation and use of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) units and other computer based equipment
- Ability to install, including programming, and troubleshooting PLC-based equipment.
- Ability to work from blueprints, shop drawings, electrical schematics, and sketches
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company in a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
- General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations (Cal-OSHA, EPA, NFPA, NEC)
- Valid CA driver’s license required with clean DMV record
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time