Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Utility Welder - 2nd Shift
- Ability to use all weld fabrication equipment including; oxygen-acetylene torch, mig, stick, electrode, stud, roll, girth, and steam welders; air-arc machine, sabre saw, beeder, expander, bottom process, plasma cutter, grinders, drills, and any other special tooling that may be required.
- Ability to weld stainless steel units and be knowledgeable in S.S. setups.
- Assemble and weld engineering prototypes and laboratory equipment from sketches, prints, and verbal information.
- Perform any production welding position and perform acceptable quantity and quality according to standards.
- Perform minor maintenance for the department when necessary.
- Change the CO2 gas tank when required.
- Complete NCRs for the Engineering Department when errors are found on blueprints.
- Assist in training new employees when deemed necessary.
- Perform departmental rework, field returns, NCRs, and ECOs.
- Ability to perform overhead and vertical up welding.
- Operate cranes, hoists and lift trucks.
- Writes work orders for repairs to be performed by the Maintenance department.
- Ability to weld varying and dissimilar metal (copper to stainless).
- Fill in on production welding jobs on short notice.
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Must be able to understand standard shop specifications (shop drawings, process sheets, and measuring equipment etc).
- One year technical school diploma in mig and arc welding or equivalent experience
- Successfully complete Eaton weld test
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No