Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Cooper B-Line Division is seeking a talented Distribution Manager for the Highland, IL facility.
The Distribution Manager will provide leadership and direction for all distribution operations within the plant and will be responsible for performance with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory in their respective area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish a proactive safety culture of zero incidents while promoting and ensuring the completion of safety trainings and programs
- You will measure, communicate and improve key performance indicators and act as an agent to support continuous improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals in an effort to become a lean model plant
- You will install and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the Warehouse that empowers employees to implement countermeasures and safety improvements
- You will ensure standardized work processes are properly documented and followed
- You will hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities from departments outside of the team
- You will utilize Lean Daily Management to ensure results
- You will flex labor and resources according to demand patterns and workload.
- Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload
- Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing or Distribution/Warehouse environment or a combination of these functions.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered.
· Experience leading/supervising teams in a Distribution environment
· Previous experience with or training in lean tools (5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, six sigma, SMED, etc.) desired, but not required
· Prior experience working with SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time