District Sales Manager Southeast
Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division has an opening for a District Sales Manager. The District Sales Manager will be responsible for Florida, Georgia and Alabama and will preferably be located in Atlanta, Georgia or Orlando, Florida.
Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds a Division, is a leader in the electrical manufacturing industry serving diverse markets worldwide.
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds business is recognized as one of the world's principal suppliers of heavy‑duty fittings, enclosures, plug, receptacles, and special purpose industrial lighting fixtures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The responsibility of this position is directing the selling of our highly preferred products to End Users, Electrical Contractors, and Engineering Firms in the Heavy Process Industries.
In this position the incumbent assumes responsibility for the District Sales activities with distributors, major accounts and the closing of all major jobs within the District, personally assisting the people in securing business, where necessary.
The incumbent should have a thorough knowledge of all Electrical Material Products and
how to sell them. The District Manager should have considerable experience in contacting distributor management, sales planning and analysis, and in the direction and motivation of sales personnel. The incumbent carries out and insures strict adherence of all personnel
to the policies, procedures and controls of Crouse-Hinds.
The District Manager will plan, administrate, and control District sales expense. The incumbent evaluates reviews and reports in writing to the Region Manager, on the performance of each employee in the District semi‑annually, recommending changes in compensation or other action, as required. The incumbent selects trains and encourages self‑development of all personnel within the District.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of industrial product sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience selling into electrical, marine, or heavy industrial markets.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit offered, candidates must live within immediate area to be considered
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Technical Sales from an accredited institution is preferred
- 5 years of experience selling into electrical, marine or heavy industrial markets is preferred
- 7 years of related sales experience is preferred
- 3 years of experience managing a sales team is preferred
- Experience working with distribution partners within the heavy industrial and marine industries
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding quotas and sales targets
- Strong project management capabilities
- Strong leadership skills, with track record of growing sales reps into managers
- Organized, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional listening skills and self-motivation are essential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time