- Design or develop new products.
- Re-design and develop current products.
- Initiation of design changes.
- Working out design changes.
- Product reliability problem solving.
- Dimensions analysis - concluded with a report.
- Design calculations - concluded with a report.
- Brainstorming & Concept selection.
- FMEA and DFMEA.
- DFSS others usage.
- Design review.
- Design sketches and drawings.
- Assemblies drawings.
- Design Layout Support.
- Math Data.
- Manufacturing Standards.
- Plant Change Requests.
- Initiation of new solutions.
Product Lifecycle Management processes support:
Initiation the design changes.
Working on design changes.
Working on: Tracker data base, Design Work Sheet, other.
Communicate product changes to plants, OEMs, and other functional groups.
Obtain, communicate, and include the needs of plants, OEMs, end users, and other functional groups.
To collect and spread information about the latest technologies among the team, which concern their areas of activity, through participation in trade fairs and trade literature.
A. Develops new products
B. Prepares and implements design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization of the product through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques using CAD software and data exchange system
C. Becomes familiar with design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, and specific development projects
D. Provides technical support that may include analysis, developing recommended corrective actions, and providing necessary reports in areas of expertise both to internal and external customers
E. Supports presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products|
F. Complies with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems
G. Increases depth of knowledge in fundamental engineering practices by working under the direction and guidance of others
H. Keeps informed of state-of-the-art technology
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Knowledgeable of 3-D modeling software (i.e. PRO-E).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficient understanding of stack-up analysis and drawing creation.
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T).
- Good written & verbal English.
- Knowledgeable of FEA.
- Engineering tools knowledge (8D, DFSS, FMEA, ProLaunch, MRP)
- Design for Six Sigma.
- Quality procedures TS, ISO.
- Knowledgeable of Enovia and Oracle platform.
- Strong computer skills in SharePoint software.
- Basic understanding of machine and electronic components.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Experience in automotive industry.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No