Principal Test Engineer
Eaton's Measurement Technology Limited Division has an opening for a:
Principal Test Engineer
Location: Luton, United Kingdom
The MTL Business Unit is part of Eaton’s Crouse Hinds series portfolio, manufacturing electrical products to control, operate and protect assets in harsh and hazardous environments. Our products are used in all types of locations (hazardous and general), from offshore oil and gas platforms, power production plants and petrochemical installations to pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and other manufacturing/process plants. Dedication to our customers continues to drive our development of new products to ensure we deliver the best values and solutions to meet our customers’ need, supported by a global network of sales and support centres.
This role is responsible for the development, design, construction, and commissioning of custom purpose built test equipment solutions to meet the business objectives within the New Product Introduction process.
· You will collaborate with Development Project Teams and Operations to develop cost effective testing strategies, techniques and equipment on new and existing products
· You will be responsible for the regular review of all test equipment hardware and software, ensuring effective operation
· You will specify and arrange the procurement of all special purpose test equipment or software required to meet the needs of the business that is cost effective and ensures Operational excellence
· You will provide documentation that includes schematics, assembly details, component part lists for all test equipment created internally or externally
· You will be responsible for developing and maintaining production test procedures for use with designed test equipment
· You will lead improvement project teams that resolve process, equipment or procedural issues or improvements that arise.
· You would be responsible for developing and maintaining production test procedures for use with designed test equipment.
· You will write and develop software solutions using Ansi C, labwindows CVI, Labeview languages
· You will develop and construct databases using SQL
· Higher level relevant qualification (degree or HND or equivalent)
· An excellent understanding of Electronic Analogue and Digital Circuits, with fault finding experience.
· Programming skills within the Electronic Manufacturing Industry (preferably using Labview, C or C++, Labwindows CVI)
· Experience would be beneficial of the following but not essential: VXI or PXI systems, Flying probe test system, Stress screening assemblies, Isolation testing of products, Agilent i3070, GPIB, LXI, PXI, SAP
· Proven experience in a similar role (electronics industry preferred)
· Project Management experience
· Good knowledge of implementation of 5S and other lean methodologies
· Adaptable and open to experimenting and exploring new ways of operating
· Willing and able to demonstrate experience of sharing knowledge for advancement of organizational goals
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead & motivate stakeholders in a matrix organization
· Ability to leverage expertise and knowledge of business to advance organizational goals
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No