IT Functional Analyst for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Applications
- You will be responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of target applications
- You will work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on requirements, processes, and systems.
- You will manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- You will provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
- You will help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
- You will demonstrate analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- You will apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
- You will have strong communication skills - able to interact with senior level leaders at divisional or regional level. Able to explain complex system issues and decision points using common business language (without using IT terms and language).
- You will cultivate innovation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years of Manufacturing plant processes and application experience is required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Green Belt certification in Six-Sigma
- PMP certificate
- Completed numerous full life-cycle projects
- Ability to understand complex business needs and model solutions using software and process improvements, potentially leveraging multiple software modules and/or solutions.
- A strong understanding of the relevant business processes that are supported by the software
- Able to interact with and discuss business process requirements and changes with divisional and regional leadership teams
- Advanced level of system expertise - gathered through numerous full-life cycle projects.
- Advanced knowledge of applications' technical capabilities.
- Intermediate understanding of some of Eaton key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure.
- Intermediate understanding of how the Strategy Plan pertains to their role and project(s) in the organization.
- Intermediate understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time