Production Supervisor - 3rd shift
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set team goals, assign team members and administratively and technically direct the work of subordinates. Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
- You will reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- You will lead implementation and achievement of long term manufacturing strategies through lean manufacturing principles and processes.
- You will foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization.
- You will promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets.
- You will assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained and safely operated.
- You will be responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group.
- You will allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control.
- You will interface between Operations, Materials, Engineering, and Management teams. Contact with external customers and vendors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations Experience
- 1 year of leadership experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside with in the immediate geographical location (50 miles) of the facility.
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes necessary.
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No