Senior Application Engineer - Power Electronics
- You will play a key role in establishing brand recognition and specification development and acceptance by representing Eaton at Industry trade shows and events, or agency committees.
- You will act as the technical/applications interface between Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and customer end-users, while playing a key role in developing product roadmaps and contributing to the overall division strategy. The Applications Engineering team plays a lead role in growth and demand generation within the organization.
- You will facilitate application design wins and achieve product print position for the Transportation Division through direct interaction with OEM Customers, Channel partners, and Standards bodies. Liaise with other Eaton divisions (Hydraulics, Vehicle Group) to promote synergy opportunities for mutual revenue growth.
- You will own Voice of the Customer (VOC) research to define new product needs and wants.
- You will leverage market and technical knowledge to gain access and build relationships with cross functional customer contacts including mid and senior level management in engineering and marketing roles. Identify technology and market trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- You will develop technical literature, application notes, and white papers to promote brand recognition. Initiate, oversee and/or execute “tech day”, “lunch and learn” and trade show sessions to promote division capabilities and brand recognition.
- You will research and keep record of customer platforms with understanding of Eaton content versus competitors and understanding of when new platforms will undertake redesign. Identify and cultivate relationships with gatekeepers, influencers and decision makers at customers beginning at early stages of platform development to secure Eaton product position.
- You will participate in the training of the Division's account managers, sales engineers, users, specifiers, sales representatives and distributors. They are responsible for working with the Key Account and Product Management teams as a key partner in the strategy development to create winning project proposals, providing technical expertise in analyzing region customer needs and selection, and developing the most competitive Transportation division technical solutions.
- You will build relationships with Customer End-User accounts resulting in advanced market knowledge. Gather and communicate advanced market and technology trends information. Initiate ProLaunch New product development projects, working with Product and Project Management teams.
- You will research and make recommendations for design enhancements or modifications to meet the availability of technology and needs of the customer base. Review and comment on customer design specifications and any applicable agency or standards requirements, provide direct feedback to Eaton cross functional teams and customer end users. Lead and document field testing of new technology products at the customer level with input to change that product to better meet customer’s needs.
- You will provide technical support to all project stakeholders including but not limited to: Account managers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, Product Managers, and Customers. Translate business requirements into technical design specifications that might cross application lines and require integration. Contributes to the design and development of new products and line extensions to fulfill the needs of customers and internal Value Engineering projects (VAVE).
- You will be a liaison with the internal quality and engineering departments to determine the root cause of customer returned products, and to provide appropriate written and verbal response to customer concerns.
- Recognized Degree in Engineering field from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Applications or Design experience in a technical or commercial role.
- Must be able to travel as required
- Additional language skills are plus
- Strong customer facing skills and experience with the ability to present ideas and information accurately and in a clear manner
- Strong change and adaptability skills, analytical with business acumen, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, internal and customer facing
- Able to communicate customer’s needs to the organization
- Ability to structure creative customer applications solutions and deal effectively with customers
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Understanding of OEM and Tier 2 accounts
- Commercial vehicle industry knowledge and experience in related markets
Power Conversion, Power Distribution, Circuit Protection and Vehicle Controls product knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time