Engineering Manager - Power Systems Engineering
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with sales engineers to help drive sales in the consulting and engineering business. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace providing direction for the strategic planning process. Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming with other districts to support multi-district customers and/or industries.
- Provides input to profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis. Responsible for efficient execution of projects, ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, and turn of backlog and projects
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the operation.
- Act as a technical mentor and back up for engineering personnel. Provide front line support for engineering staff on technical questions, sales and negotiation questions, project management matters, and commercial issues.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, and acts as a safety liaison with customers.
- Effectively manages diverse and dispersed field based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which includes multiple office locations. Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a service or engineering unit
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Bellevue, WA facility will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Manager of people experience
- PE license (or equivalent)
- Experience with SKM software
- Knowledge of power distribution, control products, as well as power systems engineering practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and understanding of a fiscal entity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time