Materials Planning Manager
Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Materials Planning Manager to work in our Irvine, CA location.
This position will be responsible for master production scheduling, shop floor planning and flow, inventory management, material handling, systems information flow, root cause analysis, material forecasting, Sales, Inventory, and Operational Planning (SIOP), and On-time-Delivery (OTD).
- Develop and implement Material Production Scheduling/Planning System to meet customer demand while managing operational and capacity constraints
- Drives sales goals of the manufacturing plant-manages product additions and deletions, including coordination of all expediting activities
- Utilizes root cause analysis and basic problem solving skills to drive continuous improvement in processes and metrics
- Lead and direct the material planning team to balance the demand as driven by Material Requirements Planning (MRP), shop floor capacity and customer sales orders
- Improve automated processes to maximize the flow of information and material in support of plant manufacturing goals
- Identify methods and processes to improve velocity of material moving through the plant
- Plans, directs and coordinates a staff of Master Production Schedulers and Material Planners to ensure goals are met or exceeded
- This role is responsible for the following key measures: Work-in-process, order date accuracy, on-time work release, customer on-time-delivery, material velocity through the plant, and employee engagement
- Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required
- Assists in expediting material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Adhere to all Safety Rules and procedures – responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to the appropriate management or EHS Manager as required
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in a supply chain role in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems, material and capacity planning methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- SIOP – Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials scheduling
- Detailed understanding of SIOP process
- May be required to work beyond normal office hours, occasionally to meet schedule commitments
- Innovative, forward-thinking individual
- Promotes and Champions Change
- Customer Focus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university
- APICS or ISM Certification
- Previous supply chain experience within a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time