Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to work in our Irvine, CA location.
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of commodity/supply chain strategies throughout a global enterprise to reduce costs.
- Leads a commodity portfolio within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following:
- Material management and negotiation strategies including global sourcing
- Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and supply base rationalization
- Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment stock etc.
- Logistics – lowest total cost of supply
- Uniform incorporation of Eaton Corporation’s supplier agreements/terms
- Controls, implements and maintains strategic sourcing strategies for a pre-defined product portfolio to support business requirements
- Develops and implements material management strategies in line with Corporate, Divisional, Site and Manufacturing initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management
- Leverages cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand cost drivers
- Coordinates all activities with Corporate, Group, Division and site mgt. Works with the commodity team leads to manage relationships with suppliers.
- Provides support to New Program Teams as required to meet Target Costs and establish Program cost models
- Drives savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives for sub-commodity portfolio
- Monitors/reports on process improvement and cost-out projects
- Trains business-wide Supply Chain personnel on Strategic Sourcing processes
- Ensures appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and feedback of results
- Adhere to all Safety Rules and procedures – responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to the appropriate management or EHS Manager as required
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in a supply chain role in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems, material and capacity planning methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- SIOP – Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials scheduling
- Detailed understanding of SIOP process
- May be required to work beyond normal office hours, occasionally to meet schedule commitments
- Innovative, forward-thinking individual
- Promotes and Champions Change
- Customer Focus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university
- APICS or ISM Certification
- Previous supply chain experience within a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time