Senior Tax Analyst, Transfer Pricing Strategy
Eaton is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst –
Transfer Pricing Strategy. The Senior Tax
Analyst – Transfer Pricing Strategy will be located in our Beachwood, OH
Senior Tax Analyst – Transfer Pricing Strategy position is a dynamic position
within the Transfer Pricing Strategy group. The position will support the
Senior Manager – Transfer Pricing Strategy with developing, implementing,
documenting and supporting Eaton’s worldwide transfer pricing strategy. This
role will be involved in transfer pricing planning and strategy projects that
directly impact shareholder value.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify and investigate intercompany transactions.
- You will develop functional and financial analyses.
- You will model potential intercompany transactions to support changes of tax effective structuring that aligns with business goals.
- You will perform benchmarking for purposes of evaluating the arm’s length nature of transfer prices for certain intercompany transactions.
- You will prepare transfer pricing documentation as required under tax laws of the various jurisdictions in which Eaton operates throughout the world.
- You will monitor profit levels of major intercompany transactions during the year to determine whether adjustments are required.
- You will assist with the valuation of businesses and certain business assets.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Economics, Business, Accounting or Finance with 1 year accounting, tax, economics or transfer pricing experience OR a Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- A professional qualification like CPA/CFA or similar.
- Computer skills – Must be fluent in the use of standard software, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including experience in financial modeling. Also, must be able to learn Eaton’s databases, financial reporting and forecasting systems.
- Communications – Must be able to clearly communicate, orally and in writing, tax explanations, answers, recommendations or alternatives regarding complex financial transactions and legal issues to both tax and non-tax personnel.
- Interpersonal skills – Must interact effectively with people, both inside and outside the Company, who have diverse backgrounds, languages and different goals.
- Business Judgment – Must understand how tax laws or plans impact other areas such as Treasury and Operations and develop, recommend and implement tax strategies consistent with non-tax goals.
- Tax law – Statutes, regulations, court rulings and tax treaties must be interpreted and fully understood.
- Accounting – Because the tax laws are applied to financial transactions, this professional must know how transactions are recorded and reported on the books, and how and where tax accounting rules differ from book accounting rules. Also, it is necessary to review and understand complex financial transactions to decide what tax laws apply.
- The ideal candidate would possess transfer pricing experience at a either a consulting firm or a large multi-national company.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time