Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Manager - Central Region - Ephesus Sports Lighting Products
- Ethical - We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
- Passionate - We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- Accountable - We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- Efficient - We value speed and simplicity.
- Transparent - We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- Learn - We are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs to support you now and as you plan for the future
- Wellness programs and resources to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Paid time off with vacation, sick days, and holiday observance
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Recognition programs for a wide range of achievements
- Referral program to reward you for helping us find the right candidate
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Fitness reimbursement to support your healthy lifestyle
- Develops and recommends an annual sales plan and regional forecast for the sports lighting markets. Collects, compiles and interprets pertinent information in order to establish realistic goals for the market consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability. Regional focus to be 75% college/university, 25% local market support.
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate to customers the features and benefits of LED products and their advantages with regards to performance, cost savings, etc., as compared to traditionally sourced luminaries.
- Establish, maintain and continually develop and foster successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers. Build strong working relationships with colleges & universities, civil engineers, distribution partners, ESCO’s and other key players and end-users (municipalities, schools, minor professional) within the sports lighting market places to create awareness and promote focus on LED products and technologies.
- Drives collaboration with the general Eaton lighting C&I sales teams when required based on the specific project needs. Build profitability of key accounts while maintaining successful and profitable business relationships.
- Assures that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer by building collaborative relationships between the customer and internal support functions.
- This person must keep current with legislative standards and regulations relating to energy-efficient products, tax and rebate incentives, etc. Support national and regional standards groups that are driving LED standards in the sports lighting marketplace; the goal will be to develop these relationships and secure Eaton’s position within these standards.
- Assesses sales levels and trends through market research and initiates pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives. Coordinate sports lighting market evaluation with marketing management to better understand high priority sub-markets; develop strategies to drive share gain and achieve Sports lighting sales objectives; execute strategies with existing Sports lighting commercial team while integrating with existing Eaton lighting team.
- Actively participates in the selection of all new agents. Develops agency relationships with all Eaton’s sports lighting agents to facilitate the promotion of Ephesus product line.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of lighting or sports related products (fields, flooring, turf, LED video displays, ribbon boards, sports equipment,…) sales experience selling to end-users.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. Candidate must reside in Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Minimum 5 years sports lighting sales experience selling to end users.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Sports Management, Marketing or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge and appreciation of sports.
- Ability to travel 75% of time.
- Understand and demonstrate ability to build and support MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint to assist in selling LED products.
- Well-developed communication, organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have demonstrated ability to sell-up value.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time