Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Aerospace Repair Station Technician
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking an Aerospace Repair Station Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will have the ability to perform the following primary activities:
o Evaluate components for repair
o Dis-assembly and assembly of precision components
o Perform various repair operations such as sandblasting, cleaning, spray coating
o Certify in auto Tig welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser welding.
o Metal fitting, polishing, grinding or sanding parts to specifications.
o Safely perform testing of components using high air pressure or water under pressure
o Operate CNC machines, manual lathes, and drill press to perform a sequence of precision operations such as machining, grinding, carbon boring on a variety of metal components.
· You will read blueprints and in accordance with standard shop practices.
· You will ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
· You will work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
· You will keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards following 5S+ guidelines.
· You will be responsible for finished parts conformity to procedure, print or specification.
· You will participate in continuous improvement of processes.
· You will be a team player and be able to multi-task.
· You will perform other related duties as assigned by Team Lead, Supervisor
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
*Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 1 years of operations experience
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
• Associates or Technical degree in machining/maintenance from an accredited institution
• 3 years of MRO operations experience
Position Success Criteria:
• Position requires advanced shop math and use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges
• Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions
• Position requires exposure to oil, dust, dirt, and heat.
• Ability to certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser Welding
• Participation in DOT random drug & alcohol testing program for safety sensitive work.
• Position requires wearing PPE including apron, safety glasses, and hearing protection
• Ability to stand 8 hours a day
• Ability to life 25 lbs. and move 50+lbs. with assistance
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time