SCM Lead Analyst
Eaton’s Hydraulics group has an opening for a Lead Analyst, Materials Fulfillment located in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Hydraulics Fulfillment Analyst works as part of the Global Fulfillment Team. The Fulfillment team is responsible to deploy and maintain the elements of the Hydraulics Fulfillment Model: ABCQ, PFEP, Replenishment Design, Inventory Management, and Capacity Management. The Fulfillment team is the bridge between the SIOP Supply Planners and the Central Planning teams, designing efficient replenishment management systems (e.g. Min-Max) . The Fulfillment team is the bridge between the SIOP Supply Planners and the Manufacturing facilities by maintaining accurate capacity and inventory models that position the operations to run efficiently and meet customer demand. The Fulfillment teams provide a centralized service to a group of sites and/or the Central Planning Team in a Region or Business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work with a cross-functional team to assign and maintain ABCQ Product Segmentation codes for all parent and child items in the MRP system.
- Implement and maintain PFEP setting in the MRP system to align the Replenishment Design with the ABCQ product segmentation driven lead times.
- Design and implement Replenishment Management systems for internal and external suppliers. This include selection of the replenishment model, calculation and revaluation of min-max, management of discrete planning parameters, MRP PFEP settings, etc.
- Design and maintain Capacity Models that connect the SIOP demand forecast with the installed capacity in our facilities. Work with the sites to maintain the manning and shift plan to utilize the capacity to meet demand, identifying actions early to allow time to take actions in time to drive operations efficiency.
- Create and maintain Inventory Playbooks for sites that accurately define the Product and Process Fulfillment Strategy and Replenishment Plan recommendations that align with the SKU characteristics associated with the site’s product offering.
- Work with the operations team to create monthly inventory forecasts that are aligned with the SIOP Demand Forecast and Established replenishment designs.
- Establish and maintain effective communication linkages with the sites that he/she serves to ensure that the site has a voice in the ABCQ/PFEP plans, replenishment design, capacity models, and inventory forecast. Work with the sites to drive execution to plan for all elements.
- Maintain a proactive and disciplined approach to serving the sites that he/she serves, maintaining constant coverage and being responsive to all requests and needs.
- Train and mentor new Materials Analysts and Material Planners and take the lead in complex initiatives facing the team.
- Subject matter expert with all Fulfillment and replenishment tools (e.g. Supplier Vis and MFG Pro Schedules) and related materials analysis tools (e.g. Pulse, Wisper)
- Control and Report Compliance. Develop and Implement processes in accordance with Eaton Procedures and Policies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more (or combination of) the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, or Logistics.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in Materials Management: Material Planning, Master Scheduling, Materials Analysis, etc.
· Minimum 1 year of experience working with a large scale MRP system; Oracle, SAP, MFG Pro, etc.
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· APICS CPIM certification
· Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing or plant experience
· Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-max, Kanban, etc.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
· Experience in Data mining, statistical, optimization or other relevant modeling experience
· Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL and data mining tools
· Understanding of aggregating large data sets at different levels of segmentation
Position Success Criteria:
· Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
· Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
· Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
· Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong project management experience
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to train and mentor new employees in Materials Planning tools and processes
· Ability to independently manage Materials and Operations projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time