Africa Region Marketing Leader
This position is responsible for leading the Marketing operations, activities and initiatives for Eaton’s Electrical Sector in the Africa region. Responsible for driving profitable, growth-oriented marketing programs and development activity for all Electrical Sector industry segments and product lines in close cooperation with the sales organization and relevant Business Unit leaders, division marketing managers as well as the ES EMEA Central Marketing to drive activity and success. This position is a strategic and operational role that sits on the Africa le
- Responsible for directing the development of an integrated Marketing plan for the Africa region aligned to the regional Central Marketing plan and supporting local growth initiatives targeting customers in key industry segments
- Work with the South Africa, East Africa, West Africa and North Africa sales organizations to support shift from product-centric outreach to integrated market segment activities
- Work closely with the sales organization and product lines to drive market research, analytics and other related work required to develop customer personas relevant to the specific business issues facing buyers in the region and the way and places they go to gather information
- Build on persona development work to implement an integrated inbound marketing contact/enquiry management process that aligns with EMEA strategy and processes and oversee lead management processes across the Africa sales and marketing function to ensure lead dissemination, routing and management is handled in the most efficient and effective way
- Drive the Africa content marketing and PR strategy, working closely with the EMEA marketing communications team, to raise awareness of Eaton with targeted customers, tying legacy brands and products together into a one-Eaton offering, integrated within the company’s segment approach
- Establish a close relationship with the EMEA channel marketing organization to develop channel-centric activities in the Africa that will support channel revenue growth
- Tight fiscal management of all marketing budgets to maximize return on investment
- Utilize central reporting dashboard to demonstrate return on marketing investment and ensure continuous improvement in all marketing communications activities
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and share impact of all Africa marketing programs and activities with wider EMEA team to support development of functional excellence
- Gather and analyze specific local customer / area market information, Competitor analysis (e.g. win-loss analysis for region or country) & country volumes & share
- Coordinate sales participation at industry events and Eaton Tech Days, feedback on sales support requirements, lead follow-up and ROI. Ensure centrally selected best cost suppliers (including Eaton shared service centers), materials are used locally.
- Management of the Africa website content to align with EMEA strategy and meet key performance metrics (visitor and engagement)
- Oversee all Africa trade PR activities and issues management including management of agencies and central measurement system
- Support EMEA Marketing strategy utilizing tools and processes localized as needed for Africa market.
- Customer engagement to support brand awareness activity through various channels (resellers, EWS, etc)
- Manage field Product Management team to successfully rollout out the following:
- localize product launches and product promotions for the Africa region together with BU PLMs.
- Manage pricing for each market in Africa
- Support Marcom team in Season topics rollout
- Engagement with BU managers on driving and reporting the Africa product/segment strategy
- Stock profiling
· Minimum 10 years marketing experience
· Should have experience working in a technical capacity as well in order to better understand our products and market segments.
· Electrical engineer or mechanical engineer is a PLUS
· Strong experience in partner program management, digital marketing, lead generation and ROI responsibility highly desired
· Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, matrix environment
· Proven track record in creative project planning, project management and working under deadlines
· Initiative, organizational skills, and proven leadership
· Creative approach to problem solving
· Superior written communications skills and messaging
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time