Senior Process Quality Engineer
Eaton's Cooper Bussmann Division has an opening for :
Senior Process Quality Engineer
Location: Hungary - Győr
The main purpose of the role is to provide quality support to operations (production, engineering, supply chain) , customers (both external and internal) and suppliers as needed in line with Eaton’s quality culture and requirements. Create quality control plans, documents, supports and tracks production process trials. Owner of manufacturing process audits and adherence to execution. Ensure the proper support for production during process/product validations and failure root cause investigation by providing quality tools, statistical techniques.
The position reports to the Site Quality Manager.
- Analyze organizational Process Quality metrics such as internal scrap rate/internal DPPM. Analyze statistical data and product/process performance, evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps.
- Drives the investigation and elimination of the root causes of complex quality problems, promptly prepare & follow up corrective actions by using best practice and quality tools (5-Why, Ishikawa, 8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide...etc.)
- Drives and take part in formulate, maintain of Quality Planning Documents (CP, PFMEA) in line with relevant procedures, for new process / products as well as changes required in series.
- Actively take part in verification, validation of series production in case of Engineering Changes (Green Card Trial), provide necessary outcomes.
- Participate or delegate technician for QRQC process in production at related quality problem-solving activities. Evaluate process variables such as capability, MSA, SPC out-of-control conditions and process audit findings and take corrective actions.
- Providing expertise and assists operations, customers, suppliers with product and process quality requirements as needed.
- Provide quality training to functional team and/or shopfloor level.
- Contribute in the preparation and continuous improvement of the QMS (EQMS) documentation, lead and / or participate and support external, internal audits.
- Work closely with all functional areas (Production, Engineering, Design, Supply Chain) and the quality team.
- Decision authority in terms of concessions and control of non-conforming goods.
- Establishes manufacturing process audit concept, drives the annual program and evaluate effectiveness of actions taken
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field
- Thorough knowledge & experience of problem solving methods & quality tools
- Knowledge & experience of Control Plan, FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP
- Detailed knowledge of quality registration schemes and certification processes (ISO9001, ISO/TS16949)
- Experience in performing quality process audits
- Min.3 year experience in quality assurance in a mass production environment (automotive experience preferred)
- MS Office applications
- Good English skills, proficiency in Hungarian is a must
- Good time management and priority setting skills
- Managerial skillset to be able to delegate tasks, develop individuals and team as a significant asset.
- Systems thinking
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and specifications
- Basic understanding of product material properties
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No