Senior Design Engineer
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As a Senior Design Engineer you will be responsible for creating detailed product designs as well as associated documentation for Low Voltage Systems and Enclosures, for developing of relevant product and process verification plans and their realization and for driving and supporting New Product Development (NPD) and MOL related R&D acitivity.
Your main duties :
Driving PROLaunch New Product Developments (NPD) R&D tasks for NPD projects
Providing technical and design support for existing manufactured Low Voltage Systems products at Eaton and 3rd party locations
Supporting the product related business needs for Low Voltage Systems
Supporting DTC (Design to Cost ) projects and initiatives
Supporting the product applications department with technical and product performance input on new and existing products as appropriate
Maintaining/creating the relevant product certification, declarations and standards compliance in line with the Low Voltage Directive, WEEE, RoHS and associated appropriate legislation
Supporting input for Product Configuration software tools
Consulting and communicating clearly and timely at all levels within the organization
Supporting improvement in the product range integrity through resolution of quality related design issues
Product transition/handover from development stage to serial production in relevant production plants
What we are looking for:
- Completed technical education (HTL, FH, ...) in Electrical Engineering or Mechanics
- Fluency in German and English
- Flexibility and willingness to travel for project related activities such as design reviews, product testing and project meetings, etc.
- Open to new approaches, technologies and work methods
- Ability to work on own initiative and time management skills
- Experience and wide knowledge of Enclosure products, Low Voltage Systems products and their applications
- Product standards knowledge for IEC61439 (Low Voltage Systems) IEC62208 (Empty Enclosures) and its associated referenced standards
- 3D CAD design experience at advanced user level for PTC Creo Direct
- Modeling / Model manager (preferred) or similar
- Knowledge of Project management tools (e.g. PROLaunch) and Stage/ Gate procedures
- Knowledge of Enclosure related manufacturing technologies and processes (metal and plastic)
- DFSS Knowledge
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Depending on the qualification, we offer a compensation according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement of the electrical and electronics industry in the respective employment group taking into account the years of service in the respective employment group, willingness to overpay depending on the relevant professional experience and qualification.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time