Program Manager II
- Manages the Lifecycle Financials of the NPD Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Executes IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Leads team members assigned to the to the project by using appropriate leadership techniques. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division. Identifies and works with functions to resolve resource constraints. Elevates concerns to leadership team to assist with resource constraint resolution.
- Manages effective customer communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintains metrics for program for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Where appropriate, leads creation of customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establishes and negotiates pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Ensures effective change management process is utilized.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Plays a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Coordinates and monitors Vehicle Group program technical personnel across multiple sites.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 6 years’ business experience in an engineering organization
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Relocation is not available for this position. Candidates must be within a 50 mile radius to be considered for this role.Position Criteria:
Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
Experience in Risk Management
Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Broad knowledge of the Vehicle industry
Experience in cross-cultural leadershipPreferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
Experience in Vehicle New Product Development (NPD) programs
Work experience in Program Management or a combination of Engineering and Product Development
Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time