Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Chelsea, MA facility.
The Quality Manager is responsible to formulate, implement and administer Eaton’s Quality Management System (EQMS) and strategic initiatives to achieve short and long range quality improvement initiatives. In this role you will support and lead the quality effort for the Transportation business unit, including new product development projects and strategic growth initiatives.
The Quality Manager will drive the quality function at the plant in the effort to develop, implement, and maintain quality systems which meet/exceed customer requirements. Divisional Quality responsibilities include support of EQS deployment and measurements, support of all plants in the division, EBS and Continuous Improvement initiatives and divisional QMS requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will plan and manage the effective operation of the quality assurance function within the Plant, and to ensure that quality initiatives and goals are clearly established and deployed in order to continuously improve and exceed the customer service levels required.
- You will prioritize quality functions in regard to quality issues elimination / reduction and production requirements.
- You will contribute to overall profitability and growth initiatives through the management of Eaton’s quality processes, continuous improvement efforts, and quality culture advancement.
- You will be responsible for the reduction of internal & external customer PPM.
- You will participate in material review boards with approval authority on concessions to control non-conforming products.
- You will review daily in-process metrics to help determine priorities.
- You will guide problem solving efforts using 8-D methodology. Guide team to complete failure analysis investigations and resolve customer complaints using best practice problem solving methodologies (E.g. 5-Why, Cause & Effect Diagrams, 8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide, etc.). Drive team to initiate modifications and re-design of manufacturing processes and product designs as part of failure mode elimination. Represent Eaton in presenting performance and improvement plans with customers.
- You will steer the supplier quality organization in ensuring effective resolution of supplier quality issues and in the supplier’s development as an improved suppliers to Eaton. Maintain and actively participates in the development of supplier quality management processes that comply or exceed Eaton’s supplier quality program requirements. Work with the Division supplier quality organization to support the developing systems.
- You will drive and maintain an atmosphere for Continuous Improvement and Error Proofing through the implementation of six sigma/lean production methodology in order to accomplish department and plant goals.
- You will promote and verify preventive and corrective action.
- You will coordinate the completion of PPAP submission requirements as required by customers. Ensure effective implementation and qualification of design and manufacturing processes using PPAP submissions.
- You will direct cross-functional teams to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and customer requirements. Work closely with all functional areas and delegates responsibilities and accountabilities to the functional areas that aid in achieving quality goals.
- You will implement a quality system in conjunction with divisional procedures to ensure compliance with TS 16949, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements. Drive the Torrance plant team to plan, organize and execute an Internal Quality Audits process to maintain compliance to documented quality systems including ISO 9001 and AS9102, AS9100 or IATF 16949 standards.
- You will drive the Plant to collate, assess and report on quality management system efficiency and effectiveness metrics as part of the management review process.
- You will interact with divisional resources on the problem solving projects for product quality improvements.
- You will be responsible for SPC, MSA, Instrument Calibration, Gauge and Master Design & Calibration.
- You will support new product development from a Quality initiative. Provide leadership and training to the team to execute the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) elements of the ProLaunch process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Chelsea, MA location.
- Minimum 2 years’ leadership experience; supervisory and team coordination experience
- Problem Solving techniques, execution and leadership
- Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA , SPC, etc.)
- Six Sigma techniques certified; Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- Certified Quality Auditor preferred
- Quality Systems Management, detailed knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS 9100 or IATF 16949, working knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP or AS 9102 FAI.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No