Senior Engineer-Should Cost-SCM SSC
1. Build part and product costing models using internal and external sources of information
2. Run relevant software models to generate cost estimates
3. Validate cost estimates based on experience and working with subject matter experts
4. Maintain and update a database of cost components
5. Subject matter expert for a specific type of component or commodity, ideally machining, castings, forgings, stampings, plastics (parts and assemblies).
6. Up to date with advances in manufacturing technology
7. Produce concise summary cost reports from large amounts of data
8. Manage at a project level, initiatives requiring multiple cost inputs
9. Work collaboratly and be able to communicate effectively globally
10. Run should cost analysis and understand key cost drivers for long-term, sustainable cost reduction
11. Collaborate with teams to drive strategic portfolio negotiations
12. Ensure projects meet their financial goals
13. Work with cross functional team for expertise/technical leverage for should cost analysisActively participate in supplier negotiations and act as an advisor for commodity managers
- Bachelors in Engineering with 6-8 years of experience OR Masters with 4-6 years of experience in Should Costing
§ Experience of product and component costing
§ Expertise in should costing for High Pressure Aluminum Die Casting & good knowledge of commodities such as machining, castings, forgings, stampings, plastics (parts and assemblies).
§ Exposure to latest processes and technologies like 3D printing is preferred.
§ Should have worked in analyzing Total Cost of Ownership of products.
§ Reporting and Analytics – Should have good experience on data analysis, report preparation and presentation to senior leadership.
- Proficient in Design for Manufacturing Analysis (DFM), procurement processes, PPAP and GD&T, different types of raw materials & commodities.
§ Knowledge of statistical tools like Regression analysis etc. for target costing
§ Know how to utilizes and apply project management tools and techniques for procurement applications
§ Should be an expert user of one of the should costing tool (Costimator, aPriori, Facton, PriceSystems)
§ Hands on experience of using CAD tools (AutoCAD, ProE, SolidWorks)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
§ Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
- Sense of urgency Quick response to deadlines
§ Executing activities and working autonomously with minimal directionDemonstrated ability to develop and execute project plans while delivering financial goals
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time