The Team Leader is responsible for managing filed projects and delegating to field support team. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will act as a technical expert in the engineering and services field by exhibiting product application knowledge, and customer interface.
• You will answer application questions and provide sales support.
• You will assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district.
• You will assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
• You will interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
• You will handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
QualificationsRegular (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years leading large service engineering projects and/or three to five years of management experience in another field.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Engineering Technology) from an accredited institution.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and Engineering Services industry, products and solutions.
• Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
• Previous experience managing a Profit and Loss statement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
• Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
• Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
• Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time