Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS location.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
This position is primarily responsible for the planning, scheduling and ordering of production commodities as assigned. This position will be required to analyze and interpret a variety of reports and other related factors to allow timely and economical completion of supplier commitments in support of customer delivery requirements.
· Manage material flow (WIP – known good parts) through analysis of diverse reports, performing critical analysis to avoid operation disruptions caused by material availability constraints.
· Manage the work order function, which entails, but is not limited to, expediting of late or issuing components, manipulation of MRP planning parameters, creation/closure of all work orders based on established ERP best practices.
· Coordinate with cross-functional teams and influence multiple functional departments including: Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Operations, and other Supply Chain members.
· Metric owner of past due order reduction, on time delivery, on time delivery of units or components to internal and external customers, and work order accuracy.
· Participate and lead in business processes improvement events such as meetings, kaizens, workshops, etc.
· Utilize strong analytical problem solving abilities to understand operational inefficiencies on plant performance issues.
· Understand technical specifications, products performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations and achieve continuous improvement by analyzing a product’s value stream activity relative to parameters and optimize throughput, flexibility, and on-time delivery.
· Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve planning function.
· Actively participate in process improvement and creation/adhering to standard work.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supply chain function
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MS facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Thorough knowledge of Aerospace industry, complex machined materials management, lean manufacturing, MRP/ERP, and MFG Pro is preferred
· Prior experience utilizing change management techniques preferred
· Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating, coaching and consulting
· APICS Certification is preferred
Position Success Criteria:
· Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
· Broad knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· PC skills acumen with prior mastery of Excel and Cognos reporting.
· Strong project management and process improvement skills.
· Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
· Detail oriented
· Must have sound knowledge of MRP processes and familiarity with MFGPRO planning logic.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization (customers, marketing, engineering, quality, and manufacturing) is key.
· Desire to work in a collaborative environment with strong ability to take action and get results.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time