Eaton located in Grand Rapids, MI has an opening for an Aviation repairman.
An A and P Mechanic at Eaton Corporation is expected to work in our repairs department, performing incoming test, troubleshooting, evaluation and outgoing test of repair/production units in accordance with approved technical data. Repairmen are expected to operate in accordance with applicable FAA regulation and OEM recommendations on a cost effective basis, resulting in exceptional customer satisfaction levels.
Reports to the Supervisor/Manager Assembly RO or Assembly Production. May perform incoming test, troubleshooting, evaluation and outgoing test of repair/production units in accordance with approved technical data.
· Detect and isolate performance discrepancies at each phase of assembly.
· Assist Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering on implementing assembly and test procedures.
· Troubleshoot hardware without written instructions. Use documents to evaluate components of an assembly.
· Troubleshoot test problems including component and equipment. May be required to troubleshoot down to component level circuit boards. May be required to repair and replace circuit boards to service.
· Perform cross training when required. Train technicians on test procedures. Train assemblers in troubleshooting procedures. Will train others in problem solving techniques as needed.
· Direct assembly personnel on repair of units.
· Perform verification as an operator/inspector for others in the department.
· May be required to develop and submit ECO’s (product enhancement) as needed.
· Direct other in the department on the repair of units. Perform cross training when required.
· May act as department representative in Customer audits/visits.
· Lead team meetings in process improvements.
· May be reassigned to other product groups.
· Maintain clean and safe work area.
· Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of Associates Degree in Technical field required
· No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Grand Rapids MI to be considered.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Minimum 6 years’ experience of assembly and testing
· Repairman certification issued by FAA
· A&P mechanic certification
· Experience with repair/training from major airlines
· 8+ years of experience of assembly and testing with electromechanical actuators
· Ability to read assembly and dimensional blueprints, wiring diagram, and electrical schematics.
· Required computer skills for processing and analysis of data.
· Strong working knowledge of shop test equipment and test procedures. Must be capable of maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory test equipment.
· Working knowledge of Federal Aviation regulations. (If assigned to Repair Station).
· Working knowledge of electrical test equipment.
· In depth product knowledge through testing and evaluation of units to identify failures.
· Ability to lead team meetings in process improvements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No