Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Manager, Switching Devices & Power Management
Eaton is currently seeking a Product Manager, Switching Devices & Power Management to join our team. This position is based at our Burlington, Ontario facility.
The Product Manager will be responsible for all Marketing functions of the Switching Devices, Surge, Power Metering and PFCC Product Management product lines including: P&L performance, product line strategy and planning, customer support services, field support service, training, distribution support, marketing communications, direction setting of the general sales force, and action plans that ensure a customer focused product offering and profitability. In this role, you will be assessing markets and competitors, developing product and marketing plans, establishing pricing strategies, and ensuring optimum cost position. Additional responsibilities are to interface with Product Development, Commercial Marketing, and Operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have P&L accountability for assigned products and business.
- You will establish Profit Plan sales goals of business unit and direct the resources of the Marketing department to ensure these goals and initiatives are met.
- You will develop the Business Plan for the products and business. This includes: available market, market segmentation, competitive situation, market trends and drivers, target markets and customers, investment required, potential revenue/financial analysis, and recommendations.
- You will manage pricing/position strategies in relation to competitive market pressures and margin trends to ensure corporate goals are met.
- You will manage the introduction of all new products, including: product roadmaps, pricing, profit goals, promotional materials, release plans, forecast, inventory planning, US product alignment as applicable.
- You will manage and coordinate Marketing Communications activities to ensure that corporate positioning is consistent with business plan strategies.
- You will manage product market strategies to maximize sales and profit potential. Manage product development priorities, product specifications, system functionality, and budget tradeoffs.
- You will manage the interactions between the sales force and the Marketing department to focus product development to strategic customer/industry needs.
- You will ensure that appropriate business policies, practices, and relationships are established and maintained with customers and channel partners.
- You will ensure that the needs of the general sales force for direction, information, tools, and training are met to enable them to exceed sales goals.
- You will focus the product lines to ensure that the portfolio is well defined, understood, and communicated both internally and externally. Actively support cross-product line/business unit function’s to further enhance Eaton’s total solution of offering to the customer.
- You will supervise and manage the performance of assigned staff. Insures proper compliance of Corporate policies, while creating an environment that promotes development and goal achievement.
- You will perform other duties as required to achieve departmental and Business Unit initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Four year technical degree or college diploma is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic marketing, sales, or engineering
- Minimum 1 year experience in electrical industry
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates being considered must reside within a 200km radius of the work location to be considered.
- P. Eng., CET or C. Tech designation
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited school a plus
- Previous marketing experience in the form of a sales engineer, product engineer or product/technical specialist
Position Success Criteria :
- Strong technical product aptitude of electrical distribution and control systems
- Must possess a solid understanding of relevant industrial and commercial markets and technologies
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management and project management skills are necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, results oriented team player
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time