Global Clutch Product Strategy Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Global Clutch Product Strategy Manager that can be located in Southfield or Galesburg, MI or Auburn, IN.
Reporting to our VP/GM Vehicle Group Powertrain, this person be responsible for developing and executing the Clutch product line’s strategic direction globally; leading the growth strategy and all facets of product marketing, product development strategy, and technology roadmaps; and supporting the global manufacturing strategy.
- Identifies customer needs for the Clutch product line globally. To support profitable growth, through frequent visits with customers to develop and strengthen relationships with key contacts / decision makers. Develop Eaton perspective on the technical trends that will be adopted by the market, aligning with product development and engineering.
- Collects and communicates Voice of Customer (VOC) inputs used to generate new product innovations to solve customer needs. Takes a lead role in building consensus of a product technology roadmap, which effectively translates customer needs into portfolio products. Identify global product portfolio needs for profitable growth, assuring customer needs and wants are contemplated in strategic planning and new product developments
- Build Pipeline of Opportunities for the business. Develop organized and coordinated approach with Eaton sales team and account managers to proactively engage with customer’s advanced engineering & product development team to deliver new opportunities for Eaton
- Lead the growth strategy, including leadership reviews communicating product top priorities, growth opportunities, business risks and opportunities, competitive landscape and contribute to commercial and pricing strategies. Analyzes and shares underlying market trends and evolving regulatory requirements that lead to new opportunities in specific segments, and craft presentations that articulate those needs
- Develops and coordinates the strategic direction for the Commercial Powertrain Clutch product line globally that is consistent with Eaton’s mission as well as the Commercial Powertrain business essence. Generates top-line growth by identifying opportunities for profitable growth with current and new technologies and products
- Develops comprehensive price/volume strategies to support Eaton’s financial performance targets. Strategies are market driven, based on value proposition and competitive landscape
- Relentlessly monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to management. Closely work with Eaton sales and market planning teams to exchange knowledge and information on customer needs, market drivers / trends, forecast, new vehicle launches, competition activity and business intelligence
- Coordinates with Fast Eaton Joint Venture (FEJV) in China on global component sourcing strategies, global manufacturing and clutch assembly strategy, global Eaton and FEJV product portfolio and technology roadmaps, and negotiation of various contracts and service agreements
- Support product line in defining strategic plan outlook, capital expenditure for growth and profit plan activities
- 8 years of experience in vehicle design, testing, manufacturing, product management, product planning or sales
- English language proficiency
- Market knowledge of the Commercial Vehicle industry
- Analytical: Must be able to leverage PowerPoint, Excel and database tools to develop comprehensive presentations and analysis
- Ability to foresee market trends and propose solutions with confidence
- Knowledge of commercial powertrain system, driveline components and performance objectives
- Technical knowledge on Eaton product portfolio
- Knowledge of regional OEMs and their products
- Competitor product knowledge
- Experience in financial analysis especially in the areas of sales growth, profitability, and cost analysis.
- Ability to anticipate emerging issues that have the potential to impact revenue and profits
- Demonstrated experience leading & supporting regional business initiatives
- Business case knowledge of metrics that affect program profitability
- Proven ability to concisely communicate market trends and the impact to business. Ability to deliver differing perspectives by providing logical interpretation of multiple perspectives and scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience in developing recommendations based on the aggregation of numerous variables and market conditions. Develops forecasts with open view of leading market drivers and indicators.
- Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
- Project management skills: Ability to lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of projects according to established processes; serve as a consultant for internal and external customers.
An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA, or equivalent is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This person can be located in Eaton’s Southfield or Galesburg, MI or Auburn, IN locations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time