Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Electrical Vehicle Systems Engineer
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Vehicle Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position can be located in Tualatin-OR, Southfield-MI, or Menomonee Falls-WI. The Vehicle Systems Integration Engineer will provide the eMobility team with the capability to give technical support to global customers for all EV Power Distribution, High Voltage Power Protection, and eMobility related projects. In doing so, you will negotiate and interpret customer requirements, conduct complex application analysis, collaborate with customer and internal design teams, and solves problems in the technical arena with the aim of satisfying and exceeding customer expectations.
- You will support the demonstration, introduction and continued production of EV and eMobility products at the OEM.
- You will generate system level Power Distribution and Power Protection solutions and present technical concepts to OEM customers globally.
- You will develop and negotiate specifications and product requirements based on OEM and design team input.
- You will run vehicle-performance tests and perform application & integration engineering.
- You will analyze data to assess compliance to customer requirements.
- You will undertake engineering test and calibration activities, where appropriate, at the customer
- You will resolve (from a customer perspective), issues at OEM Engineering locations / plants, end users, and suppliers, for production and new product developments in a timely way; utilizing root-cause analysis and proposing solutions.
- You will develop working relationships with comparable levels of OEM engineering staff and other associated areas within the OEM.
- You will be asked to collect & understand J1939 data and form a contact base with eMobility Experts.
- You will identify and define integration boundaries & resolving basic integration issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering experience with vehicle drivetrain/powertrain systems.
- Minimum 1 year experience with vehicle CAN buses and analysis tools such as CANalyzer / CANape
- No Relocation- candidate must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, OR, Menomonee Falls, or Southfield, MI facility.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship at any point.
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- Hands-on vehicle based skills & experience (Mechanical and/or electrical)
- Experience with SysML tools such as IBM Rhapsody
- Experience with High voltage systems
- Experience with Electric motors / Battery systems
- MATLAB and Simulink experience
- Experience Working with customers/presenting technical content to customers
- Experience leading a project team
- Program management experience
- Experience working in global environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally and domestically
- Good analytical and problem solving skills in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Continuously improve technical and interpersonal skills, and engineering processes linked to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage software requirements, calibration, revision control, and release communications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time