Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Electronics Packaging & Development
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Electronics Packaging & Development to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position can be located in Tualatin Oregon, Southfield Michigan, or Menomonee Fall, Wisconsin. The Senior Mechanical Engineer – Electronics Packaging & Development will focus on developing products for electrified and electric vehicles.
This person will excel in the Mechanical Engineering function to design and develop Automotive and Commercial Electric Vehicle Traction Inverter products, which comply with customer specifications and applicable regulatory standards (SAE, UL, ISO, Automotive OEM, etc.).
- You will perform detailed mechanical part and assembly design of high power electronics utilizing 3D CAD.
- You will create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development.
- You will conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance.
- You will manage and participates in formal and informal design review activities.
- You will work closely with cross-functional team members in planning and executing project based activities.
- You will communicate project progress to project management and manage project risk appropriately.
- You will develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities.
- You will work and design within industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, & ISO TS16949).
- You will collaborate with and manage engineering team members in China and India to execute new product designs.
- You will seek out opportunities to integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Design For Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and Minimum of 2 years of experience in new product development OR a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience working with power electronics thru internships, co-ops, and/or graduate research programs.
- Minimum of one year experience in computer simulation and modeling software (CFD, stress, thermal, dynamics, tolerance, etc.) as well as 3D CAD / solid modeling software
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Southfield, MI, Tualatin, OR or Menomonee Falls, WI sites.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience packaging power automotive
- Experience with cast aluminum parts, injection molded plastics and stamped metal components.
- Automotive background with a Tier 1 supplier.
- Experience in SolidWorks is preferred, design experience in CAD required.
- Administer mechanical and electromechanical principles to identify and understand issues, and to generate design solutions for various product development challenges.
- Working experience in the design of injection molded engineering plastics
- Working experience in the design of cast aluminum parts
- Working experience in the design of stamped metal parts
- Background in TS 16949 quality systems
- Ability to generate tests and test plans to sufficiently validate product designs required
- Experience managing test technicians a plus
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time