Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Engineer - New Product Development
- You will pilot project and cross-functional teams to develop scope, requirements, cost targets, project plans, and service-marketing-production literature as required.
- You will develop and maintain business case, integrated project plans, communication plan, resource requirements, budgets, and issue tracking.
- You will provide cross-functional project guidance for concept discussions, verification/validation plans & analyses, PPAP, scorecards, manufacturing processes & equipment, prototypes phase in/out plans, and final production.
- You will drive Design for Cost/Design for Manufacture Analysis (DFM/DFA) on different parts, subassemblies with the ability to propose alternate materials and methods of assembly and manufacture.
- You will utilize Six Sigma and Lean values to study alternatives, reduce cost & drive resolutions.
- You will create & implement detailed designs utilizing engineering tools to assure reliable products are released.
- You will set goals, measure performance, clear obstacles, drive results, identify critical dependencies and risks; develop risk mitigation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of South Milwaukee, WI will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Experience with phase gate project management processes
Demonstrated expertise leading cross functional teams – engineering, marketing, sourcing, manufacturing, and service
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient using Microsoft Office software
Product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing knowledge.
Knowledge of relevant Industry Standards and how they apply to the product, including practice in design verification and validation.
Six Sigma Green/Black belt certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time