Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Inside Sales Engineer
Eaton’s B-line division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Engineer. This position will be based at our Highland, IL facility.
The position will receive requests for a variety of products and project proposals from customer service, distributors, outside sales personnel, manufacturer’s reps, engineers or end users, from both domestic and international sources and will process the requests.
This position will analyze the project requirements and prepare the company’s quote and project proposal based on information regarding shipping location, competitive bids, manufacturing lead times, and contractor requirements. Any special considerations or technical needs requested by the customer or sales team will be discussed with the customer service representative, sales lead, quotations manager and/or product management team.
This position will suggest product substitutions to meet customer’s needs, level the playing field with competition, increase success rate and improve profit margin.
The position will coordinate activities with customer service, engineering, accounting, inventory, manufacturing services and production to meet bid requirements and maximize success in obtaining profitable sales.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide support for our complete range of products and projects types on the Electrical, Mechanical, and Datacom Markets
- You will work with our customers to develop solutions for their needs
- You will prepare solutions and quote from customer specifications and drawings, and develop BOM on various product groups
- You will be accountable for completing cost analyses or quotations in a timely and accurate manner to help secure business and maintain profitability.
- You will enter all data into the appropriate data base and follows up on previously submitted jobs to increase success rate and to measure win/loss ratios
- You will provide information to customers from the beginning to end of a project, and have the ability to manage large projects both domestically and internationally
- You will maintain project records to actively track quotes and potential opportunities
- You will actively support orders by tracking current activity, and engaging with other B-Line departments to track timing and progress
- You will provide technical support during projects, and support sales department as needed.
- You will support projects in the field. Travel to job sites to provide technical answers during projects, and support sales department on an as needed basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of internship, co-op or customer facing experience is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered
- Knowledge of B-Line products
- 2 years experience in the electrical products industry
- 2 years of experience with SAP
- 2 years of experience interacting with customers via the phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time