Regional Segment Manager - Power Management (Mission Critical)
- Delivering sales. He/she will manage regional pipeline on the industry and work together with the local sales, quotations and engineering application leaders to deliver the best offer / solution to the customer.
- In conjunction with the Product Line leaders and the product business units, the segment manager should develop an overall growth strategy and business plan for Eaton in the target segment. The Segment Manager will create a fact-based and action-oriented plan that can direct Eaton’s product and service development activity in the segment. This plan will quantify the potential in the industry and identify and prioritize the areas (sub segments, customers or product/service offers) with the greatest opportunity for Eaton. It will also document customer needs, major trends in the industry and typical sources of competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. The Segment Manager will use this plan to drive segment-based content into Divisional Strategic Plans. The Segment Manager will work in collaboration with Eaton’s
- He/she will drive our participation in industry associations & events and initiate Eaton hosted seminars and webinars targeted at industry decision makers. The Segment Manager will be expected to build personal relationships with senior executives in the industry. The Segment Manager will also be responsible for working with the Global and regional Marcom teams to develop industry-specific collateral material, case studies, web content, advertising and targeted marketing and public relations programs
- Creating industry value proposition messages. The Segment Manager is responsible for creating the compelling story of why customers in the target industry should do business with Eaton rather than with our competition. This message needs to be captured in sales presentations and collateral material as well as personally conveyed by the Segment Manager to our customers and to our selling resources
- Operating divisions to build the business case associated with new product, service or solution offerings.
Networking with other providers in the industry and identifying new partnership opportunities and possible acquisitions. The Segment Manager will actively look for ways to extend the breadth and appeal of our Power Management solutions by working with adjacent providers in the industry.
Directing industry-specific Power Management solution development. The Segment Manager will work with Eaton Solution Managers and the operating divisions to develop new products, services and solutions that address industry needs. The Segment Manager’s time will be oriented to game changing solutions that are truly differentiated in the industry and will allow us to capture attractive profit margins with acceptable levels of risk.
Supporting and guiding our sales activity in the industry. The Segment Manager will work with our sales leadership to identify and prioritize target customers and decision makers and ensure that key points of influence are covered. He/she will create internal sales aides and external sales tools and ensure that they are in the hands of those calling on target customers in the industry. He/she will hold regular conference calls with our selling resources in the industry and serve as a hub of information and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree, preferred degree in electrical engineering;
Masters in Business Administration preferred;
Solid experience in business development and market strategies in Data Center/ UPS/Critical Power industry.
Eligible to work in the LATAM region (based on Chile or Costa Rica);
Availability to travel – 50%;
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC Latin AmericaCaribbean Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time