Attorney, ES APAC
The successful candidate will manage contract activities related to delegation of work assignments, provide contractual guidance and support to ES APAC (majorly PDSS and CPC), coordinate with responsible department attorneys on important legal issues and assist APAC Chief Counsel on any specific legal projects or matters. The candidate will also provide services and central coordination for Eaton’s Electrical Sector APAC with regard to written contracts, negotiations, training, policies and procedures for supply of goods and services. Coordinate any contractual services in support of other organizations such as plants and Supply Chain in their purchasing needs. Represents Eaton in high-level external and internal customer bid and contract negotiations. Must demonstrate sound judgment in satisfactorily resolving all contractual issues in accordance with Eaton’s Code of Ethics and Anti-Corruption Policy, the Sector’s Limits of Authority risk mitigation policy, and external customer requirements. Able to advise internal clients on general legal matters, incl. general procurement, corporate governance, intellectual property, labor and employment, FCPA and anti-bribery, Antitrust, company policies, etc. Help handle dispute resolution and form the sound strategies with internal client and external lawyer. Provide trainings to business leaders and other clients on contracts, ethics and compliance, and other company’s policies.
· Responsible for managing the ES APAC (majorly PDSS and CPC) contracts, and workflows and approving process via Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM).
· Analyze and interpret selling and purchasing terms and conditions for Sector’s various projects (e.g. supply, brand label, strategic alliance master agreements, design, consultant, professional services and teaming agreements, long term procurement agreements, construction, service, equipment and turn key contracts).
· Review, analyze and interpret terms and conditions to identify all legal risks and business considerations for internal customers as it pertains to various ES opportunities, and provide sound contractual solutions to mitigate liability exposure while ensuring compliance with company policy as well as external customer specifications and requirements.
· Work with Sector’s attorneys in US or APAC in interpreting and implementing established policies, procedures and practices as related to Eaton as a whole and ES’s Limits of Authority guidelines.
· Develop and write contractual language for presentation to external customers.
· Negotiate contract terms and conditions directly with external customers as well as overseeing negotiations of staff members.
· Coordinate with other corporate functions such as Finance, SCM, Insurance, Trade Compliance, Tax and Credit, including senior leadership in solving contractual and general legal problems.
· Draft contractual language for presentation to external customers, develop rationale to support Eaton’s position, and assist in providing guidance to staff in development of their understanding of Eaton’s position in preparation for their customer negotiations.
· Draft legal memo to advise internal clients on general legal matters incl. genral procurement, corporate governance, intellectual property, labor and employment, FCPA and anti-bribery, Antitrust, company policies, etc.
· Maintain current knowledge regarding developments and changes in pertinent laws and regulations, through such avenues as conducting and overseeing research, reading articles, training and contracts or legal continuing education.
· Work with Sector’s attorney to ensure compliance with all compliance requirements, including both US and China’s export, FCPA and ant bribery, Antitrust regulations.
· Monitor trends in the marketplace and conduct in-depth research into contracts and legal advice and/or competitive analysis periodically and write articles on law development, and share best practice and lessors learned.
· Assist regional Chief Counsel and attorneys in generating all required reports and track metrics for department activities.
· A preference for a minimum of 7-10 contracts experience including face-to-face customer negotiations.
· Candidate must possess technical and legal knowledge of selling and purchasing activities of a business, demonstrate ability to quickly and accurately identify contractual legal risks and commercial issues, manage resolution of complex contractual issues including the drafting of contractual language, possess broad knowledge base of commercial and governmental laws and regulations. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with competency in persuasion/influence skills, demonstrates ability to effectively interface with high level management, internal and external customers, maintains a good commercial business sense; maintains familiarity with Eaton’s Electrical Sector’s products and services; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software packages.
· Bachelors degree in business or business law and working experience with a multinational law firm or company are required. MBA or an LLM or JD degree is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time