Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist Mechanical Design Engineer
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Specialist Mechanical Design Engineer to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team, located in Tualatin Oregon. The Specialist Mechanical Design Engineer will conceptualize, manage the design, development, testing, technical documentation, and launch of new products and extensions to existing product lines.
- You will drive and participate in requirements evaluation, design reviews and other team development processes.
- You will ensure Eaton stays abreast of new and emerging technologies and materials and using CAD tools to design and evaluate product integrity in order to facilitate rapid deployment.
- You will manage the review of product requirements specification based on input from customer OEMs.
- You will generate (when necessary) the product requirements specification from the Voice of Customer (VOC) input.
- You will follow the product spec, design, and development of new and innovative products.
- You will conduct testing of all new products in accordance with CPD standards and customer requirements.
- You will launch new products following a formal stage-gate process.
- You will investigate and evaluate new materials and their appropriate use within our product line.
- You will review and conduct computer-based FEA & FMEA analysis on new products to ensure their integrity and use the results to modify designs.
- You will successfully manage contractors either co-located or at international locations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in new product development of electronic packaging.
- No Relocation- candidate must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, OR, Menomonee Falls, or Southfield, MI facility.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship at any point.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Experience with aluminum dye casting design.
• Experience with power conversion and power distribution.
• Ability to utilize specialized techniques for development to launch process improvements including development stage gate processes and Design for Six Sigma tools.
• High level understanding of packaging and mounting issues.
• Desire to mentor other, as well as be a project lead.
• Establishing design rules
• Experience in injection molded plastics design
• GD&T experience
• Experience packaging Printed Circuit Boards
• Stamped busbar and electrical contact system design
• Experience within passenger car markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required.
• Experience with Solid Works, ProE, NX, Unigraphix, CATIA
• Experience with mechanical design analysis using Solid Works Simulation, ANSYS, etc.
• Experience with DFx practices: Manufacturing, Test, Repair, Quality.
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally and domestically
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time